 Adventurers / 2348
  Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

About a year ago I started an Adventurer's sub-theme that I called the Rum Runners. The first set was (URL) Midnight Moonshine>, a pickup truck and whiskey still for the Runners. The second set, (URL) Copper's Callbox>, was for the Lawmen. Last (...) (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) I've been eagerly awaiting the next one of these and was going to tell you off for stopping recently. I love this theme and I think this is your best one yet. Please keep it up. Tim (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Cool little set.. ops, MOC :) This and the others two, has everything to be a LEGO theme. Please, more! LBaixinho (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

Hi Elroy, actually I don't have anything with cars (well, I am a girl), but this one is great! What I like especially with this car is with all its goodlooking it's still playable. Minfigs can sit in it. Very well done! Regards, Barbara (17 years ago, 27-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) No wonder, where else should he temporary store his "human resource management" issues? On top of that, a container based system ensures a "clean and swift" operation. Both your vehicles and figs do very well in capturing the style of the (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Very cool series indeed. This last car looks awesome, nice and tight design, with an overall pleasing shape and just lovely in green. Heck, I can even picture an old boarded up warehouse hiding the stills during the height of prohibition... (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Wow! These are very creative and inspiring. I love the whole line. The vehicles and sets are great construction, but you have a knack for capturing the atmosphere of the rum-runners with the addition of excellent custom figs! I really enjoy (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Thanks Tim. I've got another vehicle on the way. I finished it last night, but haven't photographed it yet. -Elroy (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Thanks. I'm having fun building these, even with the year-long lapses between builds. :) -Elroy (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Thanks Barbara. I always try to make my MOCs playable if I can. I actually had to rebuild this one a couple of times, as the Boss's hat made him too tall to sit in the limo the first couple of times around. -Elroy (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) I was actually contacted a couple of months ago by someone who wondered if I sold Copper's Callbox as a set. They were doing a promotion of some sort and wanted a bunch. I think I might put together instructions for the MOCs. There seems to be (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Thanks! The idea came about when I found a couple of the roof pieces in tan. I thought the tan would go nicely with the dark green. I then started poking around the 'net for inspiration, and came across the black and green Bentley. I stuck (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Boss's Bentley - A Rum Runners Set

(...) Thanks for the comments. The minifigs are probably the most fun to build. I keep imagining how they'd all interact with each other. Giving each MOC a set of characters also helps bring more life to the build. -Elroy (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)