 Administrative / General / 8119
8118  |  8120
Subject:
The Friendliest Place On The Internet. (Was Re: What's going to happen.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 06:39:25 GMT

Selçuk Göre wrote in message ...

I hope I made myself clear, because I don't like to be named as inhuman by • the
fellow Lugneters whom I respected. And please condsider me with my whole
presence here, and believe this is a completely different case for me, as I
already mentioned several times before.

Selçuk, Mike, and everyone, I'm sorry for any name-calling. I was angry and
upset and I didn't realise how much it came out like a flame. I'm sure than
we can forget this, and continue to "play well" together. I might have been
angry towards some of you, but that doesn't mean I harbour any dislike for
anyone. We can all be friends here.

Both of us judged
him, you decided that he is a lost soul seeking for salvation, I decided • that
he is a large diameter *** ****. That's it. And believe me, I'm after my
decision, just as you. Maybe only difference is that, I'm not calling names • for
who decided otherwise.

Well, actually there's another, crucial difference. The very thing that made
me angry and disappointed with many people here.

You know what it says on the very front of LUGNET? The thing that the world
reads when they first visit us?

"LUGNET ... has been called "the friendliest place on the Internet.""

Matthew may have been very rude, but your treatment (and many other peoples'
treatment) of him is downright UNFRIENDLY, and makes a complete mockery of
this fundamental statement about LUGNET. How do you feel about that?

My treatment of Matthew, on the other hand, has been nothing but friendly,
even as I have pointed out his immaturity to him, and been firm about his
apologising, and in accepting his apology (cautiously, I'm not a fool). If
more people had been friendly in their reaction, this whole sorry mess could
have been avoided. This flame war began, spread, and still lingers because
of UNFRIENDLINESS. But it's not too late.

Please consider helping me uphold one of the best characteristics of our
community.

Thank you,
Paul
LUGNET member 164