 Administrative / General / 8097
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:58:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
<snip>

I don't think Matthew should be banned for his opinions.

Agreed.

I don't think Matthew should be banned for whatever he feels like putting on
his webpage.

Agreed.

I don't think Matthew should be banned for his actual posts on Lugnet (there's
been worse offenders, IMHO).

Definitely Agree.

I *do* think Matthew should be banned for his deliberate and malicious attack
on the Lego community, which he admitted to himself.

If it was posted here I would agree but I don't think it was.  It may have been
posted on his site or sent to Todd and then he admitted to it here but I don't
think he made the attack on LUGNET.  He has admitted to starting an RTL flame
war 3 years ago, thats a long time and even if he admits it, he *may* have
outgrown it.  Now I think he did directly threaten Todd and/or LUGNET but not
in a post so I don't know if the LUGNET TOS applies, thats up to Todd to
determine.

So all in all I don't think I agree with you here although that depends how
things are interpreted.

Like I said somewhere else, this probably makes me look like a jerk, but oh
well.

Doesn't make you look like a jerk to me.  I am sure more people think Eric J.
and myself are jerks then people think you are a jerk.  When you weed out some
unfortunate posts in this thread I think all in all it has been a good debate
and it will be interesting to see what the final outcome is.  Either way I
won't be devistated because of it.

Eric Kingsley