 Administrative / General / 14104
Re: Intermittent Outage Notification: Lugnet Server Move
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2015 17:33:28 GMT

All,

if you are reading this, you will have made it to the new Lugnet server.

We are not quite there yet, but things are working reasonably well, therefore I
am keeping this machine online and will be fixing stuff as we move along.

Posting via the web interface seems to be working - the small disappointment
(for me) is that despite the new hardware and most binaries recompiled, there is
still some noticeable delay in posting new messages from the web. I hope I can
figure that out eventually.

Posting via NNTP may be possible but I have not tried yet - I can read
subscribed groups via NNTP all right, though.

Posting via Email remains turned off for a while as I need to re-establish the
couple hundred addresses needed for this service - please bear with me.

Pretty successful day 1 of the migration I should say, hope it stays that way as
I need to turn off the insecure old box soon.

Thanks for your patience,
Jerry