 Administrative / General / 14107
Re: Intermittent Outage Notification: Lugnet Server Move
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2015 00:07:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Suz" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote:
Thank you for all your hard work, Jerry!

-Suz

Thank you, Suz

I realize this move will be interesting again to say the least. I finally got
that Perl issue worked around that made us cancel the previous move, but the
mail2news mechanics are sort of broken at the moment (not that it matters too
much as the old machine had them somewhere between clogged and broken for months
now).

I'm reverse-engineering that bit to figure out what breaks. Technically,
news2mail does work, but the authentication does not trigger and we certainly
don't want Spam here.

Some ricochet emails already ended up as Forum spam, so I figure I'll keep email
turned off for a bit. People don't seem to be posting too much via NNTP at this
time.

It's quite probably just tiny bit I'm missing - needle in a haystack thing...
any volunteers who still remember how that thing was set up back in '99?

Thanks,
Jerry