 Year / 2001 / 911
Re: New 84** technic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 08:21:21 GMT

On Sun, 27 May 2001 00:16:21 GMT, "Ronan Webb"
<rwebb@ehnospamaltavista.net> wrote:

What I love, and what makes the set 8266 look appetizing
is the apparent diminutive size of the v8 engine.
Or maybe they ARE making the engines smaller :)))

Nah, not likely they're only making the models bigger to fit their
size mistake ,)

The more I look at the picture the more I love it.
Don't you just want to climb in there and drive off ?

I'm not as thrilled as most ppl. seem.

I already own four of the wheels from the Power Puller and I can't
figure what to make of them, they are to wide compared to their height
to fit good in a scale model. At least the ones I think of :)

What other parts can be worth owning the car for? More bent studless
pieces?

I guess some of you buy Technic for the featured model but I buy them
for the parts to feature my own creations :)

I'll just wait and see 'til I find a decent inventory of it before I
make up my mind of it's value!

Looks like it has some standard black beams in there though, but my
bin is ful :)

What functions might it have?

I guess steering and suspension but what more?

Steering AND 4WD? That would be something it they make a low friction
solution to that problem. Zooming in on the picture I think I can spot
a differential between the front wheels.

Seems like it has gull wing doors too. Seems to have the same set-up
with the air-shock that always broke on the 8448.

I think I can see a gear box in the cockpit.

Does the rear open?

What is this? A 8448 off-road?

Also, why did they turn the text "TECHNIC POWER" inwards on the tires?

I hope for a good solution to the driving and steering issue! I also
hope it's featured in the smaller set so my wallent won't scream in
pain if I "need" to get two copies to feature four wheel driving and
steering like 8880 has. Not likely though since it does not have a
working engine and hardly the room for the difs.

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/