 Year / 2001 / 447
Re: 2001 Racers now at shop.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 06:32:17 GMT

Please keep in mind that wishing for bad things doesn't help anything...and
also remember that this product line was created *for* juniors, so a little
juniorization is not a bad thing.

Jake
(just another LUGNET member now)

But I like wishing for bad things...  It makes my life more fulfilled :o)

I disagree with the logic here, juniorization was begun by TLC because kids
have shorter attention spans for completing tasks (mostly due to the video
game craze).  I don't accept products from a company that bases itself upon
creativity toys that pander to less creativity, that's just admitting defeat
to the thousands of Hasbro clones.  That just rubs me wrong.  When was the
last time you were truly happy because you bought a LEGO Town set with a car
with a pre-constructed chasis and no doors (mini-figs don't fit so well
without the old car door element!)?  TLC has the ability and right to try
new products, but in my opinion they should challange the child/AFOL/builder
and be use-able with other product within reason.  The fun in LEGO is in the
construction, the pride of the finished product and then in the play-acting.
This is what I observe in my children, others and also myself.  I take them
to task on this, because I have an "opinion".  That's what drives me to
comment on stuff, even if it is something I'm not happy about.  I guess I am
lamenting the loss of the 1986 to 1996 LEGO product and whoever was employed
at TLC that was responsible for the creation of so much good stuff.  Oh, if
I had a time machine...

Best wishes,
Aaron
"Always look on the bright side of life."  Monty Python, *Life Of Brian*

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: 2001 Racers now at shop.lego.com

(...) That is exactly what they are for. There is an age range of *children* who are too old for DUPLO, but too young for System. (...) Please keep in mind that wishing for bad things doesn't help anything...and also remember that this product line (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general)