 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 56
Re: Pictures of the SCLTC at the Fullerton Railroad Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 06:04:08 GMT

Dave -

Funny you should ask =).

I remember, when the PNLTC displayed at LEGOLAND last fall, seeing a
wonderfully done TGV zooming around the layout. I had been experimenting
with bogie articulations and failed miserably, so I asked the designer. The
designer was very helpful in explaining how things were done, and in my
inspiration I built my rendition of a futuristic high speed train.

I reduced the bogie length from 8-studs to six studs, giving it more
flexibility around curves, and managed to make the entire train rise only 8
bricks above track level and still fit minifigures inside. I originally
intended to have the engines share bogies with the cars, but ran into
problems placing the electric motor.

So, it's rather funny you should ask, since I've been looking everywhere for
pictures of the TGV with the blue stripes you said you would add when we
talked at your show.

If you want, I can send you the DAT file of the condensed bogie, but it's
done pretty much exactly like yours. =)

- Thomas Michon
Webmaster, SCLTC

The SCLTC just finished a weekend show at the Fullerton train station in
Fullerton, Ca. Enjoy!

http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/shows/02.05.04fullertonlayout.htm

Who is the owner of the high speed train in back of this pic? Its the black
and blue one.
http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/shows/02.05.04fullertonlayout.htm?80

And can the owner tell me if it is articulated and how they did the
articulation. I have built a train modeled after the TGV. My train can be
seen here.

I will be updating soon with some new pics. Becase I have changed the black
sides to blue.

Dave