 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 216 (-5)
  Re: More pictures!

(...) I have to disagree, it may be true for some clubs, but at the NGLTC trains are the main focus and the town is just something to provide a background for them. As the club as grown we have had more town builders join so there is becoming a (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

(...) I disagree (but not too loudly...) I worked on my last four locomotives nearly every week for almost a year total. The Challenger was at least six months of work, the SD-50 was 2 1/2 months, the "Hogwart's" was only a month. There's also a new (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

(...) Some clubs have members that do make very nice custom trains and that do spend a fair bit of time at it. And some clubs go with more stock rolling stock, or customs that don't show nearly as much flair. It's a personal preference thing (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

(...) Exactly! I like to tell people that trains are just the glue that binds everything together. It's the excuse that makes everything fit. It's also the imperative that makes everything come together at one time in one place. (The LTC experience (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

You know, I just realized something. LEGO train club builders don't spend a lot of time or pieces on actual trains. They instead spend their time and effort on the scenery around the trains. Those buildings are amazing, especially the ones with (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact