 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 215
  Re: More pictures!

(...) I disagree (but not too loudly...) I worked on my last four locomotives nearly every week for almost a year total. The Challenger was at least six months of work, the SD-50 was 2 1/2 months, the "Hogwart's" was only a month. There's also a new (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

(...) John, James, and Larry- I took Jordan's message to mean "LEGO train club builder's don't have to spend a lot of time or pieces on actual trains". His message clearly goes on to say that as a non-train guy we've got him thinking that an LTC (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

(...) Perhaps. But to me it's not about absolute number of pieces, it's about build time per model. A good train model can take a lot of time. (Time does NOT equal pieces). My mountain has 25x as many pieces as my combine model but took me a lot (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More pictures!

(...) Well, I think that too...most LTC's (in fact, most model railway clubs) are happy to have people who's main interest is not the trains, but on other parts that go with the trains. (...) hmm. I think that VLC probably has beaten that number. (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)