 Trains / Train Organizations / 2845
Re: LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.org, Andrew Cross wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Eric Kingsley wrote:
   I had several goals.
  1. Clubs should be able to add and remove themselves.
  2. Map should be moderated.
  3. Map should be easily maintained.
  4. Map should be hosted in a location where I have full admin authority.

What are the chances of making a AFOL, TFOL, KFOL map also? Would it have to be moderated?

Setting up a Map at frappr is easy I suggest you try it. There are maps for just about anything you can think of and if you can’t find what you want you can make one. One issue is that Frappr maps (which use the Google Map API) are limited to an extent. They will only display about 150 “pins” at a time so with maps with a huge membership I don’t know how informative the visual data is after a point.

Either way they are fun, I suggest setting one up for whatever it is you want and then asking folks to join.

-Eric