 Trains / Train Organizations / 2785
  Train Show Layout Size Restrictions??

I just finished reading this thread about giant bridges-- (URL) got me to thinking about the amount of floor space such projects take up at train shows. A LOT. Since this topic does not come up often, I have a few questions to ask: · has your club (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Show Layout Size Restrictions??

(...) That's a good question about asking for layout space. I know on some of the Greenberg and GATS applications it will ask for a max and min space requirements. I have found that if we put in a min space that is always what we end up getting, so (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Show Layout Size Restrictions??

(...) Kevin- Generally speaking, bridges are one of the best things to put in an LTC show. Our experience is that they install very quickly, transport easily, can be put in last so that the rest of the layout is accessible for assembly, are easier (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Train Show Layout Size Restrictions??

(...) Our (NALUG) last display was 45' x 25'. It took in excess of 14 hours x 10 people = 140 man hours to set up. And we were pretty close to killing each other by the end. I would suggest either a smaller, more detailed display or one that is (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Show Setup Issues

(...) Mike- Our experience with setup (and teardown) is all over the place (good, bad, OK). Here's what I've learned over 4 years: The job expands to fill the time allowed (and then some). Normally we have up to 10 hours. A good time for us for a 2 (...) (19 years ago, 10-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)