 Trains / Train Organizations / 2749 (-5)
  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Funny you should mention that. I just bought 6 of that very type of banquet table for the traveling TCLTC layout yesterday ($41 each from Costco). I really like these tables and am excited about using them. I should also say that we've also (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Kevin- That's an unsolved problem for us that gets worse when we are in a hurry and as the layout gets larger. When we are not rushed, we losen the bolts a little and jiggle things until the square tables just fall into place. For our current (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I should point out that at SCLTC, we initially provided spring clamps for temporary connection ($0.99 each) or until bolts were installed, but decided that they really were not necessary. We use wing nuts and just fasten the bolts finger (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Kevin- I agree totally that making tables is -- or can be -- a lot of work. If all we ever did with the tables was set them up at matching heights at a show and then lay LEGO on them, it would definitely NOT be worth it. What does make it (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

Here is what NELUG uses. Most of our tables are 40.25" x 40.25" or 4x4 32x32 baseplates. The extra .25" is to account for the fact that the baseplates are not exactly 10" square but ever so slightly larger. We also use some 40.25" x 20.125". Finally (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact