 Trains / Train Organizations / 2735
  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

Hello Thomas, Thank you for your interesting update on this everlasting point of table standardization. We are also seriously considering the standardization of tables for multi-participant presentations. Although it seems quite improbable that a (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

In lugnet.trains.org, Philippe Label wrote: (snip) A quick note... If you go with 30 inches EXACTLY, your tables will be just a smidgeon too small to hold a 4x4 baseplate since they are not exactly 15 inches but rather just a little over. We went (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) That's a typo. I mean 4 (nominal 15") 48 stud square baseplates, a 2x2 square of them, (or a 3x3 square of (nominal 10") 32 stud square baseplates)... Sorry for any confusion! (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Hi all, I did use the measure of 30 and 7/32nds, with gives us 767,55625 millimeters, and rounded them up to 768mm. This is indeed a bit too much, because we got also problems with bridges (96 studs long) mounted on a table 30 bricks below the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Train Table Height [was: Discussion of Train Table Sizes]

(...) To the best of my knowledge, no. General model railroading practice seems to be 36 inches. Some LTCs use this height. Most clubs of which I know use 30 inches (this is the nominal height of banquet tables, and easily achieved with standard (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I'm surprised you would use inches as your base measurement, since you are based in Europe. Why didn't you just use the simple formula 1 stud = 8 mm? (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)