 Trains / Train Organizations / 2705
Re: COLTC Dennison Train Festival Show Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.events, Michael Huffman wrote:
   Over the weekend, COLTC was in the rural town of Dennison, Ohio; about a 2 hour drive north-east of Columbus. The Dennison Train Festival was put on by Dennison Railroad Depot Museum, in cooperation with the Ohio Central Railroad. The festival included several steam & diesel engines; 1 & 3 hour train rides; train excursions with stops in Columbus, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, PA, & Pittsburgh; model rail displays; railroad flea market; live entertainment; & much more.

We spent over 12 hours with 8 people setting up the display on Thursday, with the display size being over 25’x30’ with 8 sky scrappers, 12 baseplate long suspension bridge, a 2x5 baseplate replica of the Dennison Train Depot provded by Ken Cefaratti, 4 indepentdant loops (the outer loop was a figure 8 loop spanning the whole outside of the display), & 2 monorail loops.

Other than having to set up outside in a tent on gravel, sky scrappers leaning in every direction, with 2”-3” inches of rain water under the display from the Biblical deluge Thursday night, the show went off without a hitch. The event sponcers were great. The people & children with simply enthralled. I think I answered the question, “so how many hours did it take you all to set this up?” about 50 times a day.

Here’s the picts from the show:

Troy Cefaratti
J. Jacob Hopkins
my picts

I think John Bucy took some pictures as well. I’d imagine he’ll have them up soon as well...

Now I’m off to wash the dirt off my SUV from where I got it stuck in the mud on Saturday... boy, I’m tired from the weekend... When’s BrickFest? Do I have enough time to rest up?

--Michael Huffman
President, COLTC http://www.coltc.org/

I finally got my pics of the show posted.

John Bucy

Later, John