 Trains / Train Organizations / 1991
    Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout —Rick Clark
   Oh, I disagree heartily. Having played my own LEGO timesaver, as well as an HO version that I own, I can tell you that using the throttle makes the game MUCH more thrilling. Pushing the trains around by hand is just not the same. John Allen's (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout —Mark Williams
   (...) I think you may have answered my decoupling dilemma. It might have to be modified for 12v track (because of the conductors between the rails). This is much more elegant than what I was imagining: one hand on each car and pulling them apart. I (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout —Frank Filz
   (...) The constant throttle speed is also mildly important if the contest is timed instead of counting moves. Note that counting time is actually more prototypical also. In real life, they don't care how many "moves" you make. What they care is that (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)