 Trains / Train Organizations / 1889
Re: GMLTC teaser pics?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:53:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Josh Baakko writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach writes:
If anyone in the Twin Cities is interested, we'll be setting up at the
Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul the
weekend of February 2nd & 3rd.  Pretty much the same layout as the link
above, but hopefully with some new trains.

Maybe I can get back to the area & see it...  Is that the roundhouse with
the big O gauge layout in it?
Josh

I think you're thinking of the terrific display at Bandana Square.  The
Jackson Street Roundhouse is just North of downtown St. Paul, basically
behind the Capitol building.  Here's a link:
http://www.mtmuseum.org
It's a small roundhouse, with more rolling stock outside.  Although, in
February it *might* be a bit cold to stroll around the trains outside!  It's
open every weekend, they invited us in order to give something more for the
kids to do.  We're looking forward to it, it should be a very fun weekend!

(And, if we enjoy the weekend as much as we expect to, we'll probably plan
on setting up there 3 or 4 weekends a year!)

JohnG, GMLTC