 Trains / Train Organizations / 1569 (-20)
  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

(...) Interesting question! I'm not sure how to answer it, though... As the GMLTC (slowly!) works on its new layout, we're building a lot of buildings for our 'downtown' area. Are we putting a lot of effort into them? Yep - but we put a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

Its not often that I get to respond to thread before its burned out so here is my two cents... and excuse me if it gets too philosophical. Lego railroading is a huge "tent" with room for people of many interests. Some are collectors, some are (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

(...) I don't think that the focus has been lost. For example, the PNLTC show that we just did, probably more effort goes into building the scenery around the trains than the trains themselves...but then, the trains occupy less of the space- I think (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

(...) think:-).Besides It gave me an excuse to display my fire trucks.The kids and adults liked the light&sound elements on them to:-) I think in the next show i will have a train crushing a car at a crossing..oh the humanity.....:-) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

(...) lol (for those following along at home) (URL) IMO a bunch of trains going around a (...) Agreed. -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

(...) John,I don't detail my buildings either,Instead of putting money toward the inside of the building i use the money/bricks/resources to make more buildings.They are there to fill in and make a complete layout(and once in a while put on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

A very interesting question, JT. As for my own club, the GMLTC, I know that we won't be including a train yarn in our initial building phase because some perceive cars just sitting on tracks as "boring". Nothing could be further from the truth for (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs? I have notice that over the past 6 months or so that much of the talk and pictures from LTCs has been more of non-train related town structures than of engines, rolling stock and train (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NILTC - Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club

(...) OK, your group is ready. BTW, is August 2, 2001 the official date of formation of NILTC? Here's the first mention of it that I could find: (URL) added an entry here as well, assuming August 2 for now... (URL) if there's a more accurate date. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) No prob. As soon as I hit the lottery, your funding request is 270607th on my list. (...) I am fairly happy with my Nikon CoolPix 800, which is obsolete now and superceded by newer models. Including the 128MB memory card and reader I just got, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Groups added to LUGMAP development page...

(...) Done, if MLTC gets its own site please let me know and I will change it. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Groups added to LUGMAP development page...

Eric, (...) You can probably just link to the MichLUG website for the Michigan Lego Train Club if you like. Sincerely, Scott S. -- Member, MichLUG www.michlug.org (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Groups added to LUGMAP development page...

Done. (URL) Kingsley (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Module Standards?

(...) Duh....that question was already asked and answered. Silly me. -Tim NILTC (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Module Standards?

Hi - After discovering Ben Fleskes' module PDF (really well done!), I'd like to know a bit about standards. Most specifically, what module standards do GMLTC and MichLTC use? I ask this because those two clubs are the closest to us geographically, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) Hi, Larry. Tell you what -- you buy me a new $1000 digital camera, and I'll ensure all future images are not blurry. ;-) Seriously though, those were taken with an ancient Fuji DS-7 (that's only 640 X 480 resolution) without much control over (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  New Groups added to LUGMAP development page...

Followups to lugnet.org I have updated the LUGMAP development page with the following LUGs and LTCs. AdeLUG - Australia BUGS - Australia MUGS - Australia TasLUG - Australia PLUG - Portugal LUCNY - United States IndyLUG - United States NILTC - United (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images

(...) Looking like a great show. Lots of stuff to pore over to catch all the details. My one complaint, if it were a complaint, is that some of the foreground images seem blurry, but no big deal Is this the first time we've had two different shows (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NILTC - Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club

Tim & All, (Had to get my e-mail to loc.il so I can see this now) (...) Well, it said northern Indiana, I am right there! : ) (...) Indeed. We have had about 3 or 4 people delurk since our show in Grand Rapids, so I am sure more people will show (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NILTC - Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club

(...) HEY! HANDS OFF SCOTT! :-) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact