 Trains / Train Organizations / 122
121  |  123
Subject:
Transitional piece construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:28:06 GMT

How would you connect 2 different LTC layouts together when the way the
transformers and therefore power distribution is different?  If you did
a straight connection then one group would control the others trains.
The solution I thought of was to make the section self-isolating.  The
train would go onto the section, stop at a cool 12V signal, then someone
slides a switch and the train is now in control of the other group.  How
would a purist make the section self-isolating, sliding track, RCX?

Another way would be to use points/switches either end but that would
restrict the placement of the module -  it would have to be on a corner
on each groups layouts.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170