 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 921 – 940 of about 8700.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Missing R/C Trains on Lego.com and AFOL "Dream Train Set"

Happy Holidays Everyone, Does anyone know what is going on with the R/C trains (7898& 7897) on LEGO.com? If you do a search for trains there is no mention of the R/C trains. You can only find them if you know the correct set number or search using (...) (18 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.943)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

Hello Tim and all, (...) As I told you quite a while ago, I build your model. Of course some adaptations were necessary with my parts stock. I put two 9V motors under the locomotive, 1x1x2/3 red slope were lacking, so I replaced by 1x1 red tiles on (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.942)

  Re: New Trains Gone from S&H

(...) Hi Andrew, I would read this as: " The new battery trains sell so well, that they are sold out for now." The consumers seem to accept these way better than expected (by TLC). So say "Good bye!" to the 9V system. There is not enough room in (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.942)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Unfortunately, that won't work for me. My computer (typing on it now) is running 64 bit Ubuntu Linux. I've managed to get MLCad and TrackDesigner running under 32 bit Wine (Windows emulator), since 64 bit Linux is happy to run 32 bit programs. (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.940)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) I must be missing something here--I mean you can go out and buy a really cheap Windows machine or a Mac mini that will run LDD. Money is obviously not a problem--since you state that 5 sets is just a "fair amount of money". To me that is a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.939)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Well, it was worth a try. I tried both LDD1.6 and LDD2.0 . Both required a new Linux /lib32 library, libdrm.so.1 . I got that and installed it. LDD1.6 tries to do what looks like some OpenGLL stuff that isn't supported. It *did* manage to (...) (18 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.939)

  Save the 10183 trains!

Hi, Last Saterday it arrived, my 10183. It is an awesome set with loads of parts and possibilities. But after building the crocodile (building instructions included in the box), we (my daughter, son and I) wanted to build one (or two) of the other (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.dear-lego)

save, trains
(score: 1.938)

  Re: MOC Trains Cars and Buildings

(...) A good point, I forgot to mention sources of instructions. Jacob (Jake) McKee's 'Bricks on the Brain' Instructions Portal was a good source, but it seems to be experiencing problems at the moment. Here's a direct link to a livestock wagon I (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

save, trains
(score: 1.937)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: --snip-- (...) Of course one thing which we have been told does _not_ break the NDA is to release our[1] own instructions in LDraw format or as LDraw generated PDFs. Once people start making (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.937)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Hi Chris, (...) I believe quite a few people have managed to get LDD running under WINE. Since the code was most likely designed from the ground up to work on PCs and Macs it might be emulatable than older versions. --snip-- Tim (18 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.937)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Dear Jeroen, all the points you have mentioned are true. We UTB builders have beta tested the LDD and came up with nearly all these wishes as well... (I myself asked basically for LDraw-export/import). In the end I could live with using LDD (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.937)

  Re: Prepare to cry: 2007 train pics

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: ..snip.. (...) Hmm... I wonder if that would need to be notched to accept "donor" rail. (...) May well be. I was thinking that the donor rail might not seat well if the rail head profile is too wide. Anyway... (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.936)

  Re: Save the 10183 trains!

(...) Same here on Kubuntu Edgy & RHEL4. Up until LDD 1.4 it worked, but some routines were obviously modified afterwards which use routines not (yet?) supported by WINE. (18 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

save, trains
(score: 1.936)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) I'm going to say that it will depend entirely upon the kind of load you place on each motor. With a relatively light load, motors will run like champs for a long time-- all day if in a trolley, for instance. We run our Thomas trains all day (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.931)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Jindrich- SCLTC has lots of experience running 10 week shows that are frequently unattended by club members. For these shows, we run 4x5+2*5= 30 hours per week. We have also done a month long event where we ran 84 hours a week. Our experience (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.931)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) NELUG set up a (URL) large, permanent layout for the See Science Center in Manchester, NH>. The layout has a few small trolleys that are running all day long, whenever the museum is open. I've heard reports that the motors are burning out at a (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.931)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JC9n2r.94C@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) NCLTC has run 3 shows which have lasted longer than a month so we have some experience with this. In addition to wear on the motors, (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.931)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Wall timers are a good simple idea - the sort with lots of little levers to turn the power on and off every fifteen minutes. I made my trains stop and start a few times every minute though. Not only does it give the motors an easy ride, it (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.930)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) A 9V track solution... I have been wondering about the problem of the 9V track myself. As I understand it, putting the metal on the track is very expensive for LEGO. And for some other company to build metal track to this gauge, they would (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.927)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) while the distance between the rails is identical the depth of the rail is not. unfortunetly this lets 4.5v trains run on 9v track but not the other way around because 9v train wheels have a longer flange depth.. ondrew (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.926)

More:  Next Page >>