 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 3661 – 3680 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

What with all the recent discussion on the various designs of motorized points, I started thinking of ways to further reduce the footprint. After many deadends & iterations, I finally came up with this (click thumbnails to enlarge): (URL) Here's a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.421)

  Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school?

Ben's wheels have arrived in the UK, back where it all began... (URL) Stephenson's 'Rocket'>> Image is (URL) clickable> once the folder's been moderated. I just wanted to say a big thank-you to Ben for this excellent new part. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.421)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Would you believe: (URL) I thought I had tried this. However, I guess I didn't try exactly this. Those tiles on top and using panels with closed studs (not open studs) gives just enough extra grip for the 2x3 panels to work. Picking and (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.421)

  Mathis "Trains of Brick" Poster Prints Available

(...) Thanks to Jeroen, this poster is now available in printed form in both 17x11-inch and 33x22-inch posters via a link from digitalbricks to CafePress. As Jeroen describes: "When you click the BUY link, you will be redirected to the CafePress (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.421)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

Joshua, your reorg is great. but can you break up 12V trains into two words so that a search using theme=trains finds them all instead of just 9V and 4.5V? (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

9v, trains
(score: 0.421)

  Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

A big friendly whistle blast to all... :-P Summary: ------- I've re-categorized all the 4.5v and 12v trains entries on the Pause section of LUGNET. Check it out and let everyone know what you think (I already know that 726 is missing -- we have no (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.421)

  Re: Monorail Question

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Gvrrut.ECL@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) monorail (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Yes, the monorail is powered by a 9V battery box. There is some information on the monorail system within the Train (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.421)

  3 axle trucks

I want to build a SD70m in 7 wide but wanted to figure out how to do the 3 axles first. Here's what I came up with. It will cross switches and cross overs in forward and reverse and at varying speeds. It also matches the detail of the decorative (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Pushing it... 3 more 8 wide trains

(...) Thanks for the smile. Chris (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Ok, Dave is right, this is fun! So, I added the axle joiner and this is what it looks like now: (URL) Moving the housing back allowed the signal arm to be simplified. Since the housing was moved back, there's now more clearance (about 1/2 stud (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Pushing it... 3 more 8 wide trains

(...) Really wanna depress me? ....;-) What point would there be to that? JOHN (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Pushing it... 3 more 8 wide trains

(...) Thanks Lar, I do have a few 6-wides rolling around the SCLTC layout, but... I have a few more Locomotives I'm slipped on to Brickshelf in the last few days, I'll post later this week when I get more... And yes, they are possible to be built in (...) (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Pushing it... 3 more 8 wide trains

(...) John has a point hear. Why limit yourself to 6 wide when you can do so much more with 8. Hell, why not 9 wide. It gives you more room for the little details and also makes it possible to make the main part of most modern engines 6 wide which (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Pushing it... 3 more 8 wide trains

(...) Well, 8wide is "not so much" for me but I think these have captured their respective prototypes pretty well. I especially liked the MK and the Baldwin as they haven't been done so much as ALCO RS units have. Thanks for sharing. Really wanna (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  7 wide rolling stock

I'm hooked on 7 wide. I thought I would try a passenger car in the VIA rail colors. Its a little big... 56 studs in total. It still handles a 180 turn but it hangs over the inside of the track. I used SNOT'd 1x4x5 windows for the majority of the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  3 Show Reports from MichLUG - Town/Train & Castle Displays

Well we have been really busy lately. 4 Shows in November and December with yet 1 more at the end of the month. We have 3 report finished up so I thought I would announce them all together. The last report will be forthcoming. 19th Annual Festival (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Pushing it... 3 more 8 wide trains

Now I'm pushing my luck ;-) Morrison-Knudsen MK2000D: (URL) RS3: (URL) AS616: (URL) who surfs Brickshelf may have seen these while they were public last night, but I renamed them today... Comments? Josh (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Thanks, Philippe. I must say that it was your article at the FreeLUG site that got me thinking along these lines. I remember having to search all over the place when I was working on my first motorized switch! Here's the latest version of the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.420)

  Re: wheelset ideas

That's a clever design, Chris-- I like it! But as you know, now you've got a whole new set of issues with which to deal;-) I've pretty much completed a set of 5 articulated double stack container cars, and I opted to use the 2x2 turntable instead of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 0.420)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Hi Mark, Along with Chris, I totally agree that your design is brilliant. I tested both versions (long and short) and both prooved to be very stable with my switch points. At least after 200 tests. To be honest, I oil my switch points with (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.420)

More:  Next Page >>