 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1721 – 1740 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: This is odd...

(...) The Consolidation was torn down shortly after my article was in the paper. My new engine is quite a bit bigger, but they're essentially the same. I did disconnect the two center drivers from the side rods, which reduced strain on the 9V motor, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.320)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) Hi Sonnich, I have at least one picture of an opened 12V motor online: (URL) more text is to be found by opening the complete site: (URL) have never opened a 7865 myself: I got a few of them as opened ones though. No chance for further picture (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.317)

  Re: Several new MOCs...

(...) (URL)Greenbrier: (URL) to mention some features of my Greenbrier. It has variable ashpan and firebox glow, a working headlight of course, and motorized drivers. All the lights and the motor are connected to the 9V train motor, so as the engine (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.314)

  12 Volt train motors and DCC

Hi guys, I have a number of 9V motors that I have converted to use DCC and also some 12V motors I would like to convert. Does anyone know how to open the 12V motors in such a way that then can be closed again without TOO much mutilation? Thanks (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.314)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

This sounds like a project of mine too... So far I have changed a 9V motor only with an addtional output (pictures on my homepage), but I am working on having an engine for both systems. BR S john hill <johnhill@cnd.co.nz> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.314)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

Thanks Sonnich, I am not sure I will even try, my alternative plan is to somehow make current pick-ups that will work on the 9V track and feed the 12V motors through their external connector. My DCC track voltage is about 11 volts which with the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.314)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) One could speculate, I suppose, that it might have something to do with - an April Fool's prank in which a nonexistent historic set was presented, causing quite a stir among historians... - another April Fool's prank in which an entire line of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.313)

  99.9% Lego solution to remote switch ( aka points) control!

There are lots of good ideas out there for remoting the 9V train points so here is mine to add to the list: Attach a short length of string to the movable points bit and run the string out through a hole in the rail, attach the string to the shaft (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.312)

  Super Chief Starter set K10020

I just noticed a new item available from S@H: set K10020: - qty 1 #10020 Santa Fe engine - qty 1 #10025 Santa Fe Cars Set I - qty 1 #10022 Santa Fe Cars Set II - qty 1 #4548 9v Speed Regulator - qty 1 #4520 straight track - qty 2 #4515 curved track (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

9v
(score: 1.311)

  Re: time-lapse

Hello Todd, (...) Just to add to the possibilities already suggested by others, QuickTime Pro can also do it: - Make sure the images all have the same name and are numbered in sequence - Open QuickTime Player - File -> Open Image Sequence (or (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

save
(score: 1.311)

  Re: DCC and the future

Whenever this type of discussion comes up, I get so frustrated at the lack of any news on this topic one way or another. I know Lego has to keep a lid on development in order to stay competative. But.... It would be a relief if Lego would just come (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.311)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) I guess 9V is here to stay. Jude (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.310)

  Re: BR144 model , input wanted

(...) I know... the model isn't nearly finished. The roofline looks too coarse, the flat spaces are too large, the front is too angular and the center part is raised too much. I still need to get more feel for some of the advanced techniques, such (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.309)

  9V point geometry

I've constructed the 9V point centerline geometry through trial and error. What I came up wasn't very intuitive, so it's probably wrong. (I don't think there's an LDraw representation of the point yet, although it looks like Ludo Soete is working on (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

9v
(score: 1.309)

  Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly

(...) Thanks! (...) The drive wheels are only connected to the chassis by couplings, the top is "pressed on" the chassis by 2 springed wheels holders (the red ones). Over curves and switches, they puch up slightly higher, and therefore don't run. On (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.309)

  NSW 40 Class...revamped yet again!

Here it is once more, but in an even more attractive red and light gray livery (as well as makng a few refinements such as lowering the hoods to achieve that classic ALCO outline) (URL) to it's hollow construction and use of a single 9V motor, it is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.308)

  Re: 9V point geometry

(...) ... After some conversation with Ludo Soete, I created a geometric construction to prove that the 9V point curve can be created from the same circle radius as the 9V track, without any straight sections. I did this by modeling this Track (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

9v
(score: 1.306)

  Alco FA and FB 2

Hi all, I finally made 8-wide versions of my Alco FA-2, and built a new FB-2 to go along with it: (URL) few notes: -windshield is based on John Neal's design, though without the downward cant -the rear grills are SNOT pieces that hang off the roof (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug) !

save
(score: 1.306)

  Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest

Frank, I can bring the My Own Train and the Santa Fe engine and cars. I can also bring 9v track. - Wayne "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3E2CBD35.12B69B...ing.com... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.305)

  Any Ideas?

I know that this isn't the best place to ask but, since its train related I figure it the best place. Anyone know where I could get my hands on (or know someone) that has damaged Cheap 9v train points? I know I can buy them but, I'd rather have some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.305)

More:  Next Page >>