 Trains / 19291
Re: 9V point geometry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:13:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark writes:
I've constructed the 9V point centerline geometry through trial and error.
After some conversation with Ludo Soete, I created a geometric construction
to prove that the 9V point curve can be created from the same circle radius
as the 9V track, without any straight sections. I did this by modeling this
Track Designer construction:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cary/track-geometry/td.bmp

Here's the model, and the results:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cary/track-geometry/construction.gif

Note that since 'C' equals 80, the two circles just touch but do not overlap
(hence, there's no straight between the curves).

Cary