 Trains / 985
Re: Train Pics at Joe' Lego Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 02:26:20 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Modern US prototype modelers, take note of this work. That
clink-clink-clink you hear in the background is the bar being raised.

...I must concur. Joe's pages are the stuff us just-re-born beginners dream of
and strive to emulate. (damn, now I have to go get some train parts to work on
trains more :-)

...As more praise, I love his city. The one thing that always sticks out is the
grave site with mourners. Very simple, very elegant, and very much a detail that
shows how the whole thing goes together.

While there are a few things I'd nitpick, I think there are a number of
noteworthy items:
- The covered hoppers and coil cars
- Using airplane windows reversed as front windows gives the cab roofs a
nice overhang
- The UP "we can handle it" boxcar with fishbelly underframe

...I have to put in a vote for the track car. The functional stabilizing legs
are excellent and really make the whole thing seem plausible.

--
just a thought
snafu
| http://www.io.com/~snafu/   |---------------------/

<remove the SpamShieldRemoveToReply part in my email to reply   >
<use of my email for unsolicited comercial is strictly forbidden>