 Trains / 9411
    Re: Lightweight show tables —Frank Filz
   (...) I think you have to work pretty hard to break it, though perhaps the 3 layers of 1/2" foam is significantly stronger (there is glue between the layers which might serve to strengthen it somewhat). My tables have had QUITE a bit of abuse and I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lightweight show tables —James Brown
     (...) For the curious, I'll wander by the foam plant on Monday, and see if I can grab a spec sheet on Dowboard. I know they measure for torsional stress tolerances, and horizontal shearing strength, and other technical terms. :) James (there are (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lightweight show tables —Christopher Tracey
   (...) Yes, you do need quite a bit of force to break it but it could happen, especially at a show situation. Another issue I ahve with foam is that it could be crushed/compressed making it a poor building surface. (...) dense blue (or was it pink- (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lightweight show tables —Frank Filz
   (...) Compression should be minimal unless you manage to create a fairly concentrated force. Using baseplates on top would eliminate most of the possibilities of the LEGO causing localized damage. (...) They look about the same to me. On the other (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)