 Trains / 8371
Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 00:26:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Iain Hendry writes:
I've been looking online; are DUPLO trains still available in stores? I
think that engine is *so cute*. When you touch the button, does it make a
WII WII WII or BIB BIB BIB noise, like the sound element?

As to the first question, there are 2 Duplo train sets currently available
at Zany Brainy around here.  They carry both of the brand-new Duplo trains:
  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2933
  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2932

The train set I have is this one, the old freight train:
  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2745
It isn't in the catalogs any more, but you can probably order it online
(from Lego as well as other outlets).

As to the second question... it makes 4 different sounds.  They must have
decided that the WII WII and BIB BIB words were to cheesy, because now they
just show musical note symbols.  They are totally different from the
Light/Sound sounds anyway.

(I'm sorry, but I fall off my chair every time I look through one of the
Light and Sound manuals, and see WII WII WII BIB BIB BIB written in it..)

I know exactly what you mean.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com