 Trains / 8367
Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:01:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Iain Hendry writes:
That is *VERY* cool. I remember when my dad brought back a LEGO catalogue
from Germany in about 1994; it had an image of the "New" at the time DUPLO
trains, and I remember thinking how cute they were. Is it wrong that I kind
of want a DUPLO train set now? :)

Not at all- it really is pretty cool.  And the track is extremely cheap (at
least compared to 9v).  If you are looking for a train that will run around
a Christmas tree and be able to handle prying little fingers, this is the
way to go.  And even a huge pile of needles falling on the track won't
derail it.

On the other hand, I always hated Duplo as a child (that's not real Lego!)
But after having my own kids, I pretty much had to buy into it.  And now
that we have a sizeable collection, I certainly appreciate it as an
alternate medium and even for the combined playability.  Sure, you are a bit
more limited with color and detailing... but you can toss together a huge
building in no time at all.  As the kids get older and we put Daddy's real
Lego out to join the Duplo, I'll be very interested to see what kind of
stuff can be built using both systems heavily together.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

I call it the Perpetual Duplo Motion machine.  Check it out at:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytrain/pduplom/index.html