 Trains / 8330
Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:22:11 GMT

Bad that they always stop the good stuff. I think Lego should not forget
about the older children ... I met a young father yesterday who become a new
Lego-fan now since he saw all the nice things from Lego. I believe there
would be enough people arround the world who would buy electric train stuff,
enough for Lego to build some sets with electric features.

Has someone found out if Lego is listening to people having stange wishes?
So we could wish us (for christmas ... he he he) a special Lego set
containing electric switch-points and things like that :-)

Yes I'm from Austria and I know 1000Steine quite good site actually ...

Michael

Holger Matthes <matthes@fh-aachen.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
G42Gq8.Hqx@lugnet.com...
Hi Michael,

LEGO® stopped producing electric switches etc. in 1990 while changing the
system from 12 Volts to 9 Volts! There were a first change in 1980 when • the
grey tracks werre introduced and the blue ones ran out of production.

Check Ben's Train Site at BEN'S WORLD OF ABS for the whole history of • LEGO®
trains: http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/trains.html

Rumors... There are many I suppose. I could be the right time to change • the
system again. We AFOL's wish more electrical functions for 9 V, but LEGO® • seems
to go the "juniorized" way ;-))

Did I get it right? Are you from Austria? Do you know • http://www.1000steine.de
??

Kind regards,

Holger ...from Germany

In lugnet.trains, Michael Lachmann writes:
I remember some years ago Lego produced another train set (at the time • when
they had the blue manual rails) where it was able to electrically control
the switches and there was a decoupling unit as well.

Does somebody know wy they stopped the production of that system?
And are there any rumors that Lego will provide electronic switches • again?

Michael