 Trains / 8217
Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:07:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Mike Walsh wrote:

Carolina Train Builders is happy to announce the availabilty of three custom
LEGO models for sale (with a fourth to follow shortly).  Pictures and
additional details can be found at:  http://www.nclug.net/ctb

All kits are constructed with new LEGO bricks and come complete with full
color instruction booklets.

Excellent kits, specially like the coal car.

One thing strikes me though... all kits I've seen so far are based on US
railroads. Maybe I should try doing something with a more European look,
somehow I doubt anybody else will do it.

Um... :-)

Mike and I have been conferring behind the scenes since the idea of his
doing kits first arose. My very first comment on his designs was: "gee,
those certainly are *european*, aren't they..." (followed closely by "but
they're nice!!" )

If you don't see them as European, maybe us 'murricans don't know *how* to
make eurotrash... :-)

FUT .trains because I'd like to discuss why they aren't (not counting the
caboose, that is...)...

++Lar