 Trains / 8119
    Layout Help —Jim Rosikiewicz
   Hi all, I have a room in my basement that is 9 x 14. There is a door in the bottom left. The only entrance! I would like to have a walkway into the room and be able to reach the whole layout from above. This is Version 1. (URL) help whould be (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Layout Help —James Powell
      (...) Hmm...you don't have enough room to manage double ended access. (at least, not with that layout). On a curve, Matt gives 1 plate/lenght as recommended max grade. If possible, I would stick to that. My max. grade is more like 1.25 (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Layout Help —Kevin Wilson
     jrosco wrote in message ... (...) be (...) place (...) Were you planning on having any buildings on this layout, Jim? There's not much space for them between the roads and tracks. The two switches in the top right and top left look as though they (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Layout Help —Jim Rorstrom
   (...) I wouldn't give up on going under the layout but you will need to start your down slope a lot sooner. I am planning a second level for my ~11' x 11' layout and built a test sloped section to see if the equipment could handle it. Keep in mind (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)