 Trains / 7633
    "Glass switch" for dept store window train display —Dan Parker
   I landed a contract to build a holiday-themed train display for a local department store. Woo-hoo! [sound both the train and I are making] What I'm looking for is an activation switch such that, when mounted on the __inside__ of the glass window, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display —John Gerlach
     (...) What about the Mindstorms Vision Command? That would be a nearly 'all Lego' solution - other than the pc required to run the software... ;-) I've got one, but I haven't played with it yet. I'm sure the other GMLTC members will find many (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Dept. store window train display —Steve Chapple
     (...) Using an optical sensor from LEGO is by far the way to go IMO. If it was me doing the display, I'd put a child-size cut-out with hands over eyes and the sensor bricks behind the "eye-balls holes". The figure would have a balloon saying "Cover (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display —Oliver Giesen
     Just thinking : might a cool use for Mindstorms and the RCX, have two light sensor bricks facing out of the window and then respond only to quick light intensity changes, to account for day and night time illumination. And use the third sensor input (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: "Glass switch" for dept store window train display —Ran Talbott
   (...) Or use a fancy capacitive plate: cut the foil into the shape of, say, a hand or a Christmas tree. (...) It may take a little tweaking to get the size of the antenna right, but it should be pretty solid once you do. Make sure you test with (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)