 Trains / 7276
Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matthew Bates writes:
It's written in Microsoft Visual C++ with MFC 4.0.
I would be more than happy for anyone to volunteer to take over the future
development of Track Designer. I am sure there are many features that people
would want to see added.
Anyone who takes it over needs to be proficient in both C and Windows
programming. MFC experience would also help greatly. I wouldn't say you need
much experience in C++ but it wouldn't hurt (This was my first C++ and first
MFC program!)
If more than one person wants to volunteer then we'll have to work something
out.

If James and I are the only ones interested in taking over for you, it makes
sense to me for us to split your work between us, and he would probably
be better than I to host your Train Depot. (with GLTCor whatever)
I'm a C programmer and CAD designer, so TD is certainly "my kind of
program", but my experience is more manual-down-in-the-guts assembly
level than MFC or VB.  I'm single, so I don't have the family time
constraints you do, but it's not like I've got loads of spare time, either.
I expect there are other LUGr programmers more qualified than I, but so
far only the three of us seem to have any interest in this subject...

SRC