 Trains / 7268
Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:53:43 GMT

I'd be willing to take over but my C is pretty rusty, I've been living in a VB
world for some time now. I'd hate to make this my learning project with Visual
C++ with so many people depending on it's success.

I did start working on a web based type of track designer myself but it became
very browser dependent (only IE) but I might try to convert it over to a thick
based application and see how it goes from there. It's not nearly as sexy as
Track Designer though.
jt

In lugnet.trains, Matthew Bates writes:
It's written in Microsoft Visual C++ with MFC 4.0.

I would be more than happy for anyone to volunteer to take over the future
development of Track Designer. I am sure there are many features that people
would want to see added.

Anyone who takes it over needs to be proficient in both C and Windows
programming. MFC experience would also help greatly. I wouldn't say you need
much experience in C++ but it wouldn't hurt (This was my first C++ and first
MFC program!)

If more than one person wants to volunteer then we'll have to work something
out.

I'll be more than happy to answer questions about it.

Matt