 Trains / 7246
Re: Why Does Everyone else here get a good deal!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:57:52 GMT

Braden Fox wrote:

I'm sorry i asked, you guys are killing me! Everyone got a good deal
except me!

It is all in the timing. Don't worry though; many of us who were around for the
Metro Liner were not around for some of the older classics, 7740, 7745, 7725 (to
name a few).

I'm about to go spend 250 USD on a USED one for gods
sake! argh!!!!! Oh, and Chris, maybe i'm clueless, but what are those
pieces holding the top and bottom of your boxcar door? Very nice boxcar,
big, but if the rest of your stuff fits it's size than keep building like
that, it
gives it a lot more options when it's that size, although cornering in a tight
layout like mine is a different story!

  The doors are held on by 1x2x2 thin walls. They are like the windows that S@H
is selling as "Train Windows"; just a bit smaller and red. At the moment I do
not think red ones are very common, but you can find black ones in a variety of
sets. (I'll be using my black ones to make a RailBox box car....eventually) The
thin-walls are attached to the roof and floor using 1x1x1-brick-with-side-stud
bricks and a couple of plates. I didn't think of it earlier, but this weekend
I'll try to put up pictures of the guts.
  Big, yeah my cars are big. A while ago, shortly after building a 6/7-wide
SD40-2, I thought about building an 8-wide version. I wanted to try an
8-wide-cab-5-wide-hood combination. I nearly scrapped the attempt part of the
way through, but I decided that I wanted to see how it came out. I was happy
with the result. The thing that really made me an 8-wide convert was the
caboose. I have said it so many times, but doing the inside of that caboose was
a lot of fun. Eventually, I hope to do some passenger stuff with an F40ish
(Superliners are pulled by F40's, right?) engine, or maybe a stream lined diesel
because I would like to do some engine interiors. Although, all the SNOT
techniques make it very hard to do interiors.
  At the moment I have a nursery---a real one, not a LEGO one---not a layout.
When I get enough space to accommodate a nursery and a layout then I will have a
layout. Since I do not have a layout I just have to remember to plan carefully.
The big thing with long wide cars it to make certain to keep things away from
the track in the corners and to make certain not to put a station to close to a
curve. Also, I have to try to remember to make certain the cars can get past my
switch motors.

Good luck with the Metro Liner,
Chris

And, Kevin it was who told me?
thanks for the idea of a race track, i an use my legions of horses now
seeming as i have no castle things built. So any news on our track
cleaner project anyone?

Anyone knoe someone who has a metroliner for trade, i know i got one
e-mail about it from lugnet, and i could only do it if i had a monorail
shuttle to trade for it, the town monorail. Not a very good deal i guess, i
think it goes for more on ebay than a metroliner.

Well, thanks for everyone's help.

Braden Fox  (STILL after a half decent deal for a metroliner :)

--
PGP public key available upon request.