 Trains / 7250
Re: Why Does Everyone else here get a good deal!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:58:57 GMT

   I have been looking for trains and technics sets.  I'm wiser now.  I
still haven't found the Metroliner.  Let me make a correction.  I still
haven't found a used Metroliner at garage sale prices.  If it makes you feel
better, I had to pay 300$US for my MISB Metroliner plus shipping from
Europe.  But I have found the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda , 6067 Guarded Inn
and 6023 Maiden Cart.

   It looks like that is how Alan Demlow got his Metroliner.

Yup!  I found the Guarded Inn at a used toy store for $15, including box,
near-mint parts, instructions and a 1989 European catalog (this was in the US,
btw).  I have yet to replicate that deal!

Finding garage sale and other second-hand deals takes a lot of time; I once saw
an estimate that you might score Lego at one in 20 garage sales, and that's
probably accurate from my experience.  The rule is that it's almost always
worth it to buy whatever you find in thrift shops, etc. (although not
absolutely always) because you can sell or trade it and then get what you
want.  It also takes patience; if you're willing to wait and watch for a year,
you'll probably do well.  Good luck!

Alan