 Trains / 7101
  New models

While I still do not know what will come of the NOLTC[1] I have built the first two pieces. I have done a second version of an EMD SD40-2 and a Caboose. There are some new ideas, and a lot of old ones. I am really happy with the these two pieces. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Just looked at them. They are beautif.....egads....they're 8wide! "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AADF73.7988FD...ane.edu... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Locomotive: The vents, railing, and stairs are very elegant! I really like the 1/2 stud offset for the 1/4 curved inset blue bricks. Very very nice. Caboose: Everybody who sees my trains asks, "Where's the caboose?" Sigh. You've got nice detail, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Yep, I am replying to myself. I should have said this to start with, but I guess I was being cagey because I decided to go eight wide. First, going 8-wide was a very hard decision to make, and I nearly canned the attempt before it really got off the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Thanks, err...yeah...they are eight wide. If you count the railings that stick out on the sides they are actually like 10 or 11 wide. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Thanks (...) The inside was a lot of fun. (...) Thanks James. It is funny how far my models have come. The work that all of you do keeps me thinking about doing new things. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

"Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AADF73.7988FD...ane.edu... (...) Great models! I really like the presentation of the caboose, I love the cutaway views - it gives a good impression of all the detail you (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Thanks for posting the links Chris! At first view I was astonished about these high detailed models: whow! It took at least a whole minute till I realized they are 8-wides. That might have helped to make them appear so realistic, but still (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) the NS cabooses we have around here the chairs in each half of the cupola actually face each other. This way when you're sitting in one chair, you can reach your legs across and rest your feet on the opposite one and still have a good view of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Chris, Being very new at building MOC trains, I've got one question. How did you do the 1/2 stud offset on the caboose? It really looks like a professional job. Bryan "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Hi Bryan, Thanks, the cupola is stacked on top of some 1x2 center stud plates. I added a picture to show how the cupola is attached. (URL) "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Actually, the big thing I did that does not agree with the pictures of the N-20's that I have seen is that I put the chimney on the long side of the caboose. All the pictures I saw have the chimney on the short side. Oh well. By the way, I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) It may be a while be fore I get more things made, but when I make more I'll let everyone know. Many of the details on the 8-wide engine comes right off my 6-wide version. The vents, the blower housing, the railing, and parts of the radiator (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Again, excellent work. Thanks for the picture. It really cleared up how the 1/2 stud offset is achieved. Bryan "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)