 Trains / 7043
  Re: World Record LEGO Bridge

(...) work that I don't (yet) have the budget to challange. I wrestle with the use of string as a non-LEGO element, (the Znap qualifies) but suspension bridges allow for much greater span lengths. One might even say they have an unfair advantage for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  non-Lego elements (was: Re: World Record LEGO Bridge)

(...) Why does the Znap qualify? Please check all that apply: (1) Because it was sold under the Lego name. (2) Because it has holes that Technic pins fit in. (3) Some other reasons (please state). Things to think about: * If TLC bought Knex, would (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: non-Lego elements

(...) It's made by LEGO, it's designed to work with 'normal' LEGO bricks. I see absolutely no problem with using Znap and considering it 'pure LEGO'... When I first saw Technic sets I didn't like them, because I didn't think they were 'real LEGO'. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: non-Lego elements (was: Re: World Record LEGO Bridge)

(...) My $0.02: LEGO ZNAP uses all the same basic unit measurements as LEGO SYSTEM and LEGO TECHNIC. LEGO ZNAP includes a few pieces (short axle connectors come to mind) that are identical in form and color to LEGO TECHNIC. LEGO ZNAP is just as much (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: non-Lego elements (was: Re: World Record LEGO Bridge)

If we are not careful we could end up down the same road that railway anoraks go sometimes whilst away from their sandwiches. I can see a time when certain LEGO MOC models are banned because; 1. They combine bricks which were never available in the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)