 Trains / 6684
Re: Slightly OT - Microsoft Train Simulator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:03:19 GMT

Bryan Kinkel wrote:

Microsoft will be releasing a product called "Train Simulator" in the spring
of 2001.

Here is some more information with a link to slew of screenshots -

http://www.activewin.com/interactive_media/shots/games/trainsim/index.shtml

Featured prominently in some of the shots is the Amtrak Acela.

It will be interesting to see if you can add your own trains and scenery
from external modules, etc. (Like you can with Flight Simulator). I would
want to take some of Lego MOCs in this group for a spin through the
simulator.

Looks like you have a choice of 9 trains.  Here's a blurb from one:

                           · The Flying Scotsman Railways. Enthusiasts chug
along some of England's most beautiful countryside in the late 1920s in
                           what is arguably the world's most famous steam
locomotive.

"World's most famous steam loco"?!!!  Krike!  And I thought the Universe
stopped revolving around England about 200 years ago.  Give me a break!

-John