 Trains / 5966
  GP-35 Revisited

Tonight I rebuilt my EL GP-35 and constructed a twin for it. The new version fixes some mistakes and adds some new detail. Let me know what you think. (URL) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

Chris, The GP-35s look great, even better now that you've added the twin. Its so hard to get that front end to look correct (even with 8 wide I would think), but you've done a good job of it. I could easily tell what kind of engines they were by (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Thanks James! The angle on the front has bothered me for a while. It's too shallow to be represented by the 45 degree slopes, but I am happy with my current solution. When I rebuild these eight wide in a few months I am going to try to use the (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Hey Chris that gp-35 is bad-a**! i like it. i got a few designs myself(all cad though) all at (URL) or (URL) I plan to do online instructions for the dash 8 - 40 loco (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) a very long engine, which would have been pretty cool too :P But I don't know anything about trains... :) Dan (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Chris, I do not know what you mean; I am being dense. Could you explain a bit more. Thanks, Chris (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Just cool! I really like it. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

Christopher Tracey wrote in message <392B4DAB.6F264949@e...nk.org>... (...) I did use the 45 degree slopes, I know the angle isn't perfect, but it still gave a good look for the size of the engine. I built the engines on the long red train plates. (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) On the front of the engine where there currently is a 4x4 yellow plate and a 2x4 yellow low slope peak brick. I used this to represent the pointed front of the engine. Some other people have used 2x4 slope bricks to represent the point. I (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

(...) Yeah, it does look like a long engine in one of the pics. I actually have to fix the front coupler, it swings out too far on the curves and derails the cars when backing up. Now we have enough horsepower to pull all those heavy cars Tom is (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GP-35 Revisited

Yep, that clears it up. You think the low slopes (the 4x3x1, 2x3x1, or 1x3x1) would make a better nose. I thought you meant the 2x2x2 steep slopes. Thanks, Chris (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.trains)