 Trains / 5672
Re: newbie /w questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:35:02 GMT

Ryan,

What part of the country (or world) are you located?  There is an off chance
that you might be near a Lego Train Club.  It seems as though they are
popping up all over the place.

Mike Poindexter
Bay Area Lego Train Club

Ryan J Schave <ryan-nospam@eclipse-online.com> wrote in message

I'm rather new to lego trains.  The 4561 Railway Express was my first and • I
just picked up the 3225 Classic Train today.  Now I'd like to start • building
my own...

Can anyone suggest some good sources of pictures so that I can model real
life trains?  i.e.  train magazines and/or books with good pictures.

Also, I'm not up on the terminology.  Is there an FAQ I can read to get up
to speed?

I saw someone mention "MOC" in a post.  IS MOC an acronym?  Is that train
specific or LEGO specific?

I've seen several people mention 8 stud wide cars, wagons or what ever you
call them.  What is the significance of 8 wide.  It seems that LEGO goes
with 6 wide....

Thanks for your help... and your patience.

Ryan