 Trains / 5503
Re: 4 Wides!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:10:13 GMT

John,

Much better!  Now, are you going to make a pullman?  You could use either
the 1x1 brick with the side stud, or if you want something a little bit
bigger, you could use a 1x2x1 trans. thin wall mounted sideways for a tall
window or a 1x1 clear brick sideways for a slightly shorter and wider
window.

Mike

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message

Mike Poindexter wrote:

John,

You just can't be satisfied with 6 wide, can you?

lol Nothing is more UNsatisfying;-)

I was thinking about your caboose and it needs windows.  Since you • probably
don't have access to Gary Istok's collection of windows, you could make • some
1x1 looking windows by using the 1x1 brick with a recessed side stud and
putting the back side (square opening, not the recessed round one) out • and
it would look enough like a window to work.  Plus, they are common in • every
color!

Thanks, Mike-- it needed that;-)  I had *planned* on just putting on • stickers
for all of the details-- see how slippery the unpure slope is!  I was just • too
lazy to work the windows.  I like your idea for the 1x1 with side stud, • but the
opening was a bit too small.  It did work for a smaller window though.

Thanks to Mike, here is my first revision of my 4 wide caboose:

-John

Mike Poindexter