 Trains / 5497
RE: 4 Wides!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:47:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Just when you all thought I was heading for 1:1 scale!  Here are a few 4
wide creations I built utilizing HO scale trucks.  I am going to
eventually "sticker them up" and run them on someone's HO layout at our
next train show.

At least I know of 2 people who will appreciate these-- Gary I. and
Karim;-)

Go here:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=325

Me too! John, These are great. I wrote about 4Wides a couple of
weeks ago after posting my latest 4Wide big rig. Here's the link
just in case you didn't see it...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/bigrig/>

At the time, I suggested that someone get a cheap HO trainset and
combine it with LEGO since the 4Wide is almost perfect HO scale!

This is such a cool idea now that I can see the actual result. I found
the 6Wide train layouts are just too darned big, and a real HO layout
is a pain because kids fingers tend to...well, you know. LEGO trains
can be rebuilt when they derail or hit the floor!

Keep building and posting!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>