 Trains / 5046
  Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

Larry P and I have been overloading my email server going back and forth on this topic today. This is what I'm proposing: TWO standards. A 'LOW' standard, and a 'HIGH' standard. Low standard is 10 bricks tall, High standard is 20 bricks tall. We'd (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) This is fine. Have you considered...lowering the scenery and keeping the track at the same level? However, I would tend to think that it would work either way...and 10 bricks high is buildable by more people than 20 (about 2/3 bricks as a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) I'm not even certain. I think the banquet table legs are around 30 inches, 1/2 inch plywood, 20 bricks = track height around 36 or 38 inches... (I might be way off though...) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

I was under the impression that you were using 3/4" plywood, which is what I was told before. I am using 3/4" plywood on top of the banquet legs. I will check the height this evening and post it. FYI, 20 bricks + 1 plate + 1 baseplate = 7.748", so (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

I have been envisioning a different idea. Start at, for example, 4 bricks + 1 plate at the audience side of the module. Run 1-2 main lines there. At the back of the module, run 1-2 main lines at an elevation of 22 bricks +1 plate. That leaves 18 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) I agree completely. That's why we try to do that exact thing on our 'common' sections - the sections that *always* line up next to each other. Building vertical is good - it adds a lot of interest and visual appeal... JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) Terminology alert. I'd tend to call sections that are designed never to mate with anything else something other than "common", They're more or less unique, since the interface across the module boundary is non standard and unique to that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)