 Trains / 4561
  Remote Points

I have seen numerous ideas for remote operating switches (points) and they all look like they try to tackle the problem from the same place, the top. Why wouldn't it be possible to crack open the bottom of the switch, file down the bumps on the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

(...) I open up and file down the tabs, then use the 3cm pnumatic cylinders to move the points. Right now, I don't have any of them connected, because I can reach all the switches, which means that it is kind of redundant to activate the points in (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

(...) You are right abouth that, but don't forget that this has big consequenses for the lay-out. You can't remove the point and place it on another location ! Once the lay-out is build, you have to keep it that way, or you have to fill the holes in (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

(...) The issue of remote control to Lego points has become a big issue - on the basis that no one has yet come up with a truly economical (and reliable over distances) approach, bearing in mind the large numbers of points on mosty layouts, I think (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

(...) for (...) SORRY - FINGERS SLIPPED AND OFF IT WENT! 2. Pulse operation means faster control from many locations 3. (most important) Frees up lego motors/parts for more imaginative uses (...) Jon (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

(...) I believe some of the earliest work on remote points advocates opening up the bottom, but merely to loosen up the mechanism. (file down the bumps, as you say).... Your idea of actually leaving the cover off and then working the switch from (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

I seleniod switch, and DCC are very interesting ideas. They are unpure, I guess, but it is not like you are painting or cutting bricks. I have two motorized points, and at $25 (estimate on motor and parts) each a nonLEGO solution, especially if it (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)