 Trains / 4590
Re: Remote Points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 05:48:39 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

I have seen numerous ideas for remote operating switches (points) and they
all look like they try to tackle the problem from the same place, the top.

I believe some of the earliest work on remote points advocates opening
up the bottom, but merely to loosen up the mechanism. (file down the
bumps, as you say)....

Your idea of actually leaving the cover off and then working the switch
from underneath is interesting... to the non purist. But hey, I read the
DCC stuff with intense interest, if TLC doesn't lead me to beleive
they're thinking seriously about it, my purity level may be slipping
soon.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!