 Trains / 4509
Re: Help building my own Train Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 05:32:23 GMT

My DC class diesel has a 6 by 24 train base made from various plates.
Around the edge I have 1 by x plates on the bottom of the 6 by 24 to
simulate  the normal base. I mount a 2 by 4 technic plate underneath
to support the bogie pin. Note that there is no hole above the technic
plate so the train weight is on the pin and not the smooth part of the
bogie plate. I've had no trouble with this set up.

Allan J Smith

--
My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~allanj/

Is the plate even in line with the extra 1byx trim? I tried putting in a
hole plate but with the trim the wheel sets would not turn they hit the
trim...

There are other plates around the technic plate to make it easy
for the bogie to turn. They butt up to the 1 by x yellow trim plates.
This allows the bogie to pivot past the trim plate.