 Trains / 436
Re: Check out my Union Pacific M10000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:42:36 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Your diesel captures the 1920s 30s "boxcab look" that was prevalent
before diesels really got popular. ..... How many studs wide is it?

It's the standard 6 studs wide.  At least, I think 6 is the standard.  If it
was 8 then I could put a door in the back of the pilot
house.  Alas, the mini-fig shall be trapped in there forever..  :)

One criticism, and I guess this applies to most of the PNLTC engines
that do this, is that I feel the use of 1.2x6x3 "train railings" in any
application other than as end railings is incorrect. Side rails need to
be much more lacey and continuous. The diagonal ends of this railing
make them look "wrong" in side railing use. Perhaps something using 1x1
tiles with top clips sitting on top of the rod system with stud at one
end and 3 finger hings might work... the top clips then hold some
technic tubing? Or even string?

I agree.  However, I tired this but it didn't give much room between the
railings and the train itself because I only had one stud
to work with.  I'll try this with my next version.

I've been to your site before, and this is a nice addition.

Ditto, welcome to TRAINS, the most insane part of LEGOdom. Very nice
start!

Thanks for the welcome!
- Barbara Sproat