 Trains / 4289
  Speed surges

Recent "big loco" and "big car" projects by others have started me thinking about speed surges and wondering if there is a relation. I notice that my longer locos and longer (car length and number of cars) trains experience high frequency (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

I've noticed this as well. At the GATS show today, I asked others to observe it just to make sure it isn't just me. I notice it mostly when the train goes through an s-curve. The front of the train doesn't surge, but the back does. I think Larry is (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

(...) Well, my trains are usually long enough and massive enough that I see effects on the locomotives. You can hear the motors suddenly starting to work harder as they come into a curve, and surge forward as they come out of it. (the momentum of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) observe (...) goes (...) does. (...) angular (...) I have also noticed it... not just in the Lego trains, but you will see it in HO, N and other trains, too. I believe Ben is right. Not just 'cause he's an ME. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)