 Trains / 4197
    GATS Fresno show —Mike Poindexter
   I went to GATS today in Fresno. That show was pretty weak. Granted, the weather was horrible, but almost every booth was for selling stuff - only a few layouts. I ran into a couple of people I met earlier at the train club. One of them loaned me a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GATS Fresno show —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) GM/EMD DD35AX or DD40AX, no doubt. Is the cab narrow or extended? That's the distinguishing feature. (40 is extended, 35 isn't) Those trucks are steerable, I believe. The GE U50 is a B-B B-B or 4 two axle trucks. UP is notorious for (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GATS Fresno show —John Gerlach
     In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Do *four* shows count as "a lot"? I'm certainly not going to claim to be an expert in this area. All I know is people seem to really enjoy the GMLTC layout, especially the kids. Many times I've (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GATS Fresno show —John Neal
      (...) Woo-Hoo! An 8 wide DD40X{:^D I like it already, Mike! And by rights, you will have the longest diesel ever made to minifig scale (Since the DD40X was the longest proto diesel ever made, and yours is 8 wide which would be longer than any puny (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GATS Fresno show —Brian Williams
   Mike, The GATS regional shows are generally "selling" shows held for profits. They typically have many dealer tables and a swap/fleemarket area for private individuals. In Chicago they invite one or two token layouts to display each month as a draw. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)