 Trains / 4047
Re: Does your train layout move?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 23:18:42 GMT

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Larry Pieniazek (<389D99DF.DDE343DF@voyager.net>)
wrote at 15:57:19

Tony Priestman wrote:

<direction of pile determines the direction of motion...>

Makes a great deal of sense to me. How, how about Berber, which doesn't
really have a defined direction.... here I think that it has to do with
floor slope.

Nah.

It's far more complicated than that.

It has to do with the longitudinal centre of gravity of the train, and
the direction of travel, in relation to the coefficient of relaxation of
the rug fibres - but I won't bore you with the details :-)
--
Tony Priestman